Head of Sales and Relationships
High Level Job Description
The Head of Sales and Relationships will be a person of high potential with the ambition to be seen as an influencer and thought leader amongst their network peers. We are looking for someone who is able to reduce what appears as “complex” commercial challenges into effective solutions.
They will build and propose business and pricing models to the co-founders and other business sponsors, identifying bold moves to grow the business in current and adjacent markets. The Proxymity HoSR is responsible for executing key reseller and distribution partner channel agreements.
The Proxymity sales manager will be a highly effective communicator in order to lead, initiate, advocate and influence. The Proxymity sales manager will have the autonomy, ownership, and responsibility to drive sales of a platform designed to consistently meet and exceed customers’ rapidly changing needs.
As a key figure in the evolution of our platform and our business, the successful HoSR will have significant scope for taking on further responsibilities.
More about the role:
- Strategic focus and planning. You will create, with input from the co-founders and other members of the management team, directional goals for the sales and relationship management team. You will clearly and pragmatically at the outset define what you will need from the wider team to support the team’s success in delivering against those goals, being proactive, forward-looking and collaborative in your approach to ensure execution of the plan.
- Decide and plan implementation of the team’s long term process to track and manage client engagement.
- Establish and embed new processes into a team which can support and maintain a high-quality pipeline of direct clients and reseller and distribution partners.
- Manage the sales process end to end and responsible for growing the sales organisation to support the business plan.
- Ensure appropriate mechanisms and processes, such as scorecard with regular review, are put in place to maximise reseller success and manage and mitigate the downside risk of poor performance.
- Drive revenue growth and expansion with existing clients that have been identified as having significant upside wallet penetration potential Develop a data-driven system to highlight the upselling of clients to different pricing tiers.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration with business legal and operations for a smooth, rapid and successful implementation process.
- Manage and track key enterprise clients, including our strategic investors, through the onboarding and connection phases. Build a framework for this to be done by other members of the team. Act as an escalation and coaching point to solve barriers and bottlenecks as and when needed.
- Ensure a system or process is in place to catch and escalate relationship issues early so these can be resolved and mitigated by management.
- Participate in management discussions and ensure timely reporting of the performance of the sales and relationship team.
- Find, hire, train and retain exceptional talent in anticipation of the goals you are seeking to achieve as needed to grow the sales and relationship organisation to support the business.
- Ensure all sales and relationship activity complies with company policies. Make adjustments to company policies as appropriate to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- 10+ years’ experience in a sales environment
- Experience within either the financial services sector, FinTech or software sector
- Experience with a start-up or scale-up preferred
- Record of delivering results in a high-growth company
- Leadership skills and self-motivation to define and implement new processes in a startup.
- Team player – puts own success below the success of the team.
- Extremely effective and empathetic communication skills. Comfortable handling sensitive and difficult conversations on a constant basis and with the most important clients of the firm
- Solicits feedback on own ideas and views feedback as essential to improving and refining quality
- Very strong commercial acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Handles criticism and disagreement constructively.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Experience at building and retaining a remote team
Want to apply? Send your CV and covering letter stating the role that you are apply for to: